This fresh and zesty yogurt dip is the perfect addition to almost any platter! Made with roasted zucchini, garlic, avocado and Greek yogurt, this zucchini yogurt dip is not only tasty, but also full of the good stuff!
Bursting with big flavors, this zucchini yogurt dip can be served in so many different ways!
Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Fresh Ingredients - This zucchini yogurt dip is bursting with fresh ingredients (most of which are green). From fresh zucchini and avocado to garlic and fresh herbs, there's no shortage of fresh, healthy ingredients.
So Versatile - You can serve this roasted zucchini and yogurt dip in so many different ways. From the star of a fresh veggie platter to the centrepiece of your charcuterie board, this dip lends itself to so many culinary situations! Of course I love it best slathered on freshly baked sourdough bread!
Full of Real Food - Unlike many dips you buy at the store, this one is real food only! Even better when you can pick the zucchini out of the garden. This dip is on repeat during summer zucchini season at our house!
How To Make Zucchini Yogurt Dip
Making this zucchini yogurt dip really is a cinch. Probably the hardest part is slicing and roasting the zucchini (and that is actually really easy!).
I do recommend using a food processor or high speed blender for this dip as it will give you the right consistency. If you don't use a high powered blender or food processor, your dip will be chunky and gloopy and not smooth and delicious.
So let's get roasting!
Start by slicing the zucchini length ways into 1cm strips and lay them out on a large baking tray. Cut the top off the head of the clove of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle the zucchini and garlic in olive oil and bake the garlic and zucchini for 30 minutes at 200C (390F).
Once roasted, remove the zucchini and garlic from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. In the peak of zucchini growing season in the summer I often roast big batches of zucchini and have it in the fridge to add to sauces, salads ... and this dip!
Once the zucchini and garlic are cooled, squeeze the garlic cloves out of the head of garlic. They will be creamy and golden in color. Roasting them mellows out the flavor and creates a sweetness you don't get with raw garlic.
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz at high speed for around 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the ingredients have formed a smooth, creamy dip.
Place the zucchini yogurt dip into a bowl and refrigerate for around one hour or until sufficiently chilled.
When you're ready to serve, top with fresh herbs, olive oil and cumin seeds.
How To Serve Zucchini Yogurt Dip
Like I mentioned earlier, this dip is so very versatile! You can use any herbs you have on hand or growing in the garden, top it with any seeds or leftover dukkah ... and you can serve it alongside lots of different things. Some of the ways we like to eat this zucchini yogurt dip are:
- Alongside a big plate of sourdough pita chips or sourdough jalapeño cheddar crackers.
- On a platter with delicious sourdough crostini and plenty of vegetable sticks like carrot, cucumber and celery.
- Serve it with a loaf of sourdough French Bread.
Zucchini Yogurt Dip
- Food Processor
- 800 g Zucchini (approx. 2 medium to large zucchini)
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 30 g Lemon Juice (juice of approx. 1 lemon)
- 30 g Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 75 g Avocado (approx. 1 half of an avocado)
- 70 g Greek Yogurt
- Slice the zucchini length ways into 1cm strips and lay them out on a large baking tray. Cut the top off the head of the clove of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle the zucchini and garlic in olive oil and bake for 30 minutes at 200C.
- Once roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the zucchini and garlic are cooled, squeeze the garlic cloves out of the head of garlic.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz at high speed for around 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the ingredients have formed a smooth, creamy dip.
- Place the zucchini yogurt dip into a bowl and refrigerate for around one hour.
- When you're ready to serve, add fresh herbs, olive oil and cumin seeds to the middle of the dip.