Jalapeño Honey Butter is a whipped butter that's perfect for topping sourdough bread.
Sweet, spicy and all things a whipped butter should be, this jalapeño honey butter will have everyone begging for more!
You can make this butter with pickled jalapeños or fresh - depending on what you prefer. Pickled will give you a more mellow flavor.
You could even make your own butter to add to this delicious recipe.
Try this recipe today, you'll have it made it under 10 minutes!
How To Make Jalapeño Honey Butter
This butter could not be easier to put together. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer for best results. You need to the mixer to make sure that the honey whips into the butter creating a light and airy spread.
You can increase or decrease the amount of jalapeños to suit your personal taste. Pickled work best, but you can use fresh if you prefer.
When adding the jalapeños to the butter, be careful not add too much of the juice or it will prevent the butter from coming together.
Here's how to make jalapeño honey butter:
- Finely dice the jalapeños.
- Add butter, honey and jalapeños to a bowl (or stand mixer bowl) and whip them together until the butter is light and airy and the honey is completely dissolved into the butter.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure that you distribute everything evenly.
How To Serve Jalapeño Honey Butter
This delicious, spicy whipped butter can be used in so many different ways. It makes the perfect topping for sourdough bread, but can also be used to spice up other recipes and staple foods too.
Imagine setting out a dish of sweet and spice butter to accompany fresh, warm bread rolls. Absolute heaven!
Jalapeño honey butter is perfect when spread on these sourdough breads:
You can use jalapeño butter in these recipes to add some spice!
- Try jalapeño honey butter in these sourdough grissini instead of olive oil.
- Turn these sweet and soft Hawaiian sourdough rolls into a flavor sensation by adding spicy whipped butter.
- Top these garlic bread bites with jalapeño honey butter for a spicy kick.
- Brush these sourdough naan bread with this spicy whipped butter.
Storing Whipped Butter
This whipped butter is best stored in the fridge, particularly if your kitchen is warm. If it melts or separates, it cannot be whipped back together.
It can be stored in a air tight container in the fridge for up to one month and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If stored in the fridge, let it soften a little before serving.
If you love this recipe, you'll love these ideas!
- If you'd prefer a whipped butter without the spice, check out this whipped herb butter.
- Prefer a sweet butter without the spice? Try this whipped honey cinnamon butter.
- These jalapeño cheddar crackers are easy to make and pack a big flavor.
- Why not try this Jalapeño Cheese sourdough bread.
Jalapeño Honey Butter
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer (see notes)
- 150 g Butter softened
- 30 g Honey
- 40 g Jalapenos pickled
- Finely dice the jalapeños.
- Add softened butter, honey and diced jalapeños to a bowl (or stand mixer). Be careful not to add too much of the jalapeño juice to the butter.Whip ingredients together until light and fluffy.