Whipped honey cinnamon butter is a delicious sweet topping for sourdough bread.
It's very easy to put this whipped butter together, with only three main ingredients.
Keep a batch on hand to serve with fluffy sourdough pancakes, sweet sourdough crackers or a delicious sourdough fruit loaf.
Take this whipped butter up a notch by adding some optional ingredients. You'll love the decadence of this sweet treat.
You can make this whipped butter using store bought butter or use these instructions to make your own.
How To Make Whipped Honey Cinnamon Butter
This delicious condiment is super easy to put together. You can make it with just softened butter, honey and ground cinnamon.
You can also add some powdered sugar and vanilla to make it extra decadent, but it's not essential.
Here's how to make this whipped butter topping:
- Add softened butter, honey and cinnamon to a mixing bowl (or stand mixer bowl).
- Whip the ingredients until they are thick and creamy with a light airy texture.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl so that the cinnamon is well distributed.
How To Use Whipped Honey Cinnamon Butter?
Whipped honey cinnamon butter is best served slightly chilled. You want it soft and spreadable - but not warm.
You can serve it on pretty much anything you can think of!
Here are some ideas to use whipped honey cinnamon butter as a topping on sourdough bread and other treats.
- Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
- No Wait Sourdough Waffles
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes
- Maple and Coffee Infused Date Sourdough Bread
- Soft and Sweet Sourdough Hawaiian Rolls
- Sourdough Hot Cross Buns
- Sourdough Fruit Loaf
You could also add it to these sourdough recipes in place of plain butter with a delicious result:
- Sweet Sourdough Crackers with Cinnamon Sugar
- Sourdough Hot Cross Buns
- Soft and Sweet Sourdough Hawaiian Rolls (brush the tops with the sweet whipped butter - yum!)
Best Tips for Making Honey Cinnamon Butter
While this recipe is super simple, there are few pointers that will ensure you end up with the best honey cinnamon butter possible.
- For best results, use a stand mixer or electric mixer. This recipe is not recommended for hand mixing.
- Use room temperature butter and honey so that they whip together easily.
- For the best result, use salted butter. Try to use the best quality butter you can find - you'll be rewarded with the creamiest whipped butter treat ever!
- You can replace the honey with maple syrup if you'd prefer.
How To Store Whipped Honey Cinnamon Butter
This delicious sourdough topping will last in the fridge for up to one month, or can be frozen for up to six months.
It's not recommended to store at room temperature, particularly if you live in a warmer climate. If the butter becomes too soft or melts, it's basically ruined and you can't whip it back together.
When using from the fridge, allow to soften before serving. If it's really hard and you want to use it quickly, you can give it a quick whip using hand beaters.
If you love this sweet whipped butter recipe, you will love these ideas!
- Looking for a savory whipped butter? Try this whipped herb butter.
- For a spread that's a little different, try this fig cream cheese spread.
- Want the fluffiest sourdough pancakes to serve with this whipped butter? Try these.
- Looking for a sweet and spicy butter? This jalapeño honey butter is amazing!
- This sourdough fruit loaf will pair perfectly with this delicious whipped butter.
Whipped Honey Cinnamon Butter
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer (see notes)
- 100 g Butter softened
- 15 g Honey
- 5 Cinnamon ground (1.5 tsp)
- 5 g Vanilla (1 tsp)
- 15 g Powdered Sugar
- Add softened butter, honey and cinnamon to a bowl (or stand mixer). Add optional ingredients if using. Whip ingredients together until light and fluffy.